Wednesday 7 April 2010

Swapping

I've signed up to another post card swap, in which we tell our partners why we've chosen our swap bot name. I really like this idea because it gives me something to actually write on the card.

I find it difficult to know what to say on postcards to strangers because I don't want to see too boring, but I also can't go into great detail baout anything because of the space issue. I've been thinking about this and I have a handful of small envelopes which I'm thinking about attaching to the back of the postcards to fill with small sheets of notepaper. It will probably only be one or two sheets, but that will give me more space to write things and also make a ncie change to the normal postacards received. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Be careful about that attached envelope tactic - that is going to increase your postage, probably to a non-metered mail rate of 64 cents.

    Sometimes I have a lot to say on postcards to strangers, sometimes very little. It depends a lot on how much they have in their own profiles (swap-bot, postcrossing, sendsomething, etc). When in doubt, I talk about my blog or my cats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of talking about pets, I might steal that :)

    As for the postage going up, it's ok. To send a postie to Europe costs me 60p and to the US it's 67p (only 7p more for all that extra distance!) It's expensive stuff for us Britons :/ But it's ok, because it's all about spreading smiles and while I still have the funds I don't mind :)

    ReplyDelete