Saturday 10 April 2010

Outgoing

Seeing as I've just restarted my love for post, it means I'm a baby in the snail mail world (even though I've been writing letters on and off for the past 16 years). It also means I only have one incoming postal surprise. I'm hoping this will change soon, but I'm under no illusions in regards to the postal system!

I've had to rethink (again) my constant longing for the pretty post and realise that I'm not likely to get any letters or postcards for another week or two. I'm trying not to set myself up for disappointment when the letter box swings.

Considering the huge bank holiday we've just had and the fact I'm writing to people thousands of km away, they are probably only just receiving my letters, so I'll have to wait for them to reply and wait for the little snail postmen to deliver the pretty things. Also new people writing to me are mostly from the US and I have a lovely lady writing to me from Malaysia, so this will take about 10+ days to get here too. So I'm perpetually waiting until I can show you all more incoming.

Here are my outgoings for the day.


A postcrossing post card going to Finland


Another postcrossing card going to the US

2 comments:

  1. You restarted a penpalling a few time ago, right? You surely will start getting mail soon. Today I know how many day each letter takes to this or that place to reach there or here, sometimes there are delays, but most of the time it is okay. It's so good to get mail! Enjoy it :)

    Have a great weekend,
    Joana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is is REALLY good to get mail... that's why I'm so imaptient, hehe.

    You are right though, I should start getting things soon :)

    ReplyDelete