Monday 26 April 2010

Outgoing pt 3

I made this for a swap, the idea was to repurpose envelopes to make a tea wallet/book. Because I didn't have any envelopes with decorated flaps, I decorated them myself. I also didn't like the look of having the fronts of the envelopes blank, so I used decorative paper to fill in the gaps. I also copied a few recipes and put some tea facts and miscellanea onto cute note paper and slotted them in amongst the tea bags.I hope my partner enjoys the wallet as much as I enjoyed making it! I took a lot of pictures to document every part of the book as I know I'd forget otherwise!



The cover.


Pages 1 & 2


Page 1 with goodies removed.


Page 1 goodies.


Pages 3 & 4.


Page 3 with tea removed.


Pages 5 & 6.


Pages 5 & 6 with goodies removed.


Page 5 goodies.


Pages 7 & 8.


Page 7 and goodies.


Pages 9 & 10.


Pages 9 & 10 with goodies removed.


Page 9 & 10 goodies.


Pages 11 & 12.


Pages 11 & 12 with goodies removed.


Page 12 goodies.


Pages 13 & 14.


Page 14 with goodies.


Pages 15 & 16.


Pages 15 & 16 with goodies removed.


Page 16 goodies.


Pages 17 & 18


Page 18 with goodies.


Back Cover.

3 comments:

  1. Holy cow! Above and beyond! :) Very neat tea book!

    I think you and I should swap a tea packet in letters. I'll send you my favorite Yogi Tea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I really love that tea book. I don't drink tea, but I guess it is a wonderful idea for tea lovers.

    It looks so cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caiti, I have a huuuuuuuge selectionof tea at home, so can definitely send you some :)

    Fabi, I really enjoyed making it, you could fill it with little notes or stickers or photos etc. I think I'll get round to making another one, one day :)

    ReplyDelete