Monday 19 April 2010

A much needed update!

I haven't really been around lately, that is for two reasons:
  1. My laptop is dying and is stuck in a perpetual loop of being unable to load windows and then restarting itself. It's really sad to watch and I need to call the insurance people today to see what they have to say.
  2. I've been busy busy busy! Thursday I went into town with the bf and my sister's bf. Friday (the day the laptop died) I went out for dinner. Saturday I walked too many miles around London as friends came to visit from Brighton then went to the cinema in the evening and stayed at my sister's place. Yesterday we had a bbq at my sister's place and stayed up drinking till midnight.
I'm super tired from the past few days, but I really need to give you an update.
Thursday's incoming


A funky postie from the US via postcrossing


A really cool card from the lovely Ilona


My ransom note from a swap :)


On Friday I received a huge envelope filled with goodies from the lovely Caiti. She had offered to send some vintage photos and postcards to anyone who wanted them and I wanted :) In all honesty, I was expecting about 5 - 10 pictures in a standard envelope and this is what she sent me....


I was totally blown away by the generosity shown by this lovely lady who I only know now because of my request for some of her vintage goodies. The postage for the package was just over $9!! I'm so stoked by the insane package Caiti has sent me, I just can't get over the generosity! I was already eyeing up bits to send back as a thank you, but now I'm going to have to go all out :)

Here are my favourite pictures so far...











And finally, a city view postie from a swap that arrived on Saturday :)


I've come to be resigned that at some point the post is going to stop coming because of the lack of flights going in and out of the UK right now. It means that any post I'm still receiving must have landed in the UK on wednesday or earlier and that there is going to be a delay in getting all the airmail distributed throughout the UK once it's finally shipped over... according to royal mail they are currently driving airmail to airports in southern europe, but they didn't really mention anything about incoming mail? Maybe I won't notice a difference at all!

I hope you all had lovely weekends :)

(please excuse any typos, i'm posting at a weird angle because I have a cat on my lap!)

3 comments:

  1. such a gorgeous package from Caiti! I can't wait for mine to arrive, I'm so excited now that I have seen yours. It is incredibly generous and lovely what she is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it just? I really didn't think she'd send so much and the photos are just perfect :) I hope you get your soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you liked them! I think Dorothy is ensuring they arrive safely - they are HER photos after all. :)

    I found out a few new tidbits about her, the life she led and the photos she took. Will post about it soon!

    Until then...Dear Dorothy, please know that these lovely ladies are enjoying your photos...don't smite me!!! *cower*

    :)

    ReplyDelete