Wednesday 28 July 2010

Incoming

There was no post today (BOOO!!!!) but I did receive two swap packets yesterday. I won't post pictures, for a few reasons. I got some stationery from Brasil, some of which creeped me out a little and I'm not entirely sure how to use it. I also received my kawaii swap package.

I won't go into too much detail, for fear of sounding spoilt and ungrateful, but I was a little disappointed with the items I recieved... they were just not very good quality. I can deal with receiving items not to my taste, hell, I expect that every every so often, but it wasn't even that. It's left a bitter taste in my mouth and I'm loathed to participate in public package swaps for being flaked on or receiving substandard goods. People seem unreliable all of a sudden.

Trust me when I say that I don't swap to receive. That is exactly the reason why I try to send things I think my partners will like, enjoy and get use from. It's the first time I've received things that were poor (and I'm not talking about monetary value) and it stings a little.

Meh. What will be will be. As I said, I don't want to sound ungrateful (although I'm sure I will to many) but I will never use these things and they aren't things I'll feel comfortable in recycling for future swaps. Maybe I can post pics here and see if any of you would like them?? Let me know if you're interested.

As for outgoing, I've been working on letters and have another small stack awaiting a trip to the post box, but I shant do so until I can forward on my new address. We have a meeting at the Immobiliare (letting agents) in 3 hours, so as soon as a new address is agreed on and finalised I'll be posting it here (well, after aperitivo and some booze (; ).

Flip! I'm so excited to move you have no idea!!! A few people have expressed concern at mail getting lost, but HAVE NO FEAR we have the keys to this apartment until the end of August, so I shall be able to pick up any strays until then :)

1 comment:

  1. Total bummer about the swap. I'll have to tell you about the one swap I participated in. Hopefully it doesn't sour you on it all entirely, but since my 1 experience, I haven't done another. The items I received were great and I thought I sent good items as well...but well, better explained in a letter I think. Anyways, do tell me what this person sent you.

    ReplyDelete