Saturday 11 September 2010

Incoming

Wow, this week was incredibly busy. I ended up staying behind for 1, 2 or more hours after work everyday... and always get there 30 minutes before my official hours start. I'm exhausted! I ache from head to toe because I've gone from being a sloth since I stopped dancing when I was 17 to now running around after children, having to pick them up a lot, changing nappies and bending over constantly. And I can't count how many times I go from standing to sitting on the floor and back again in one day. I need to find a good masseuse and maybe even a chiropractor as I've developed a problem with my shoulder/neck.

Anyhow, back to the mail... I've had a few incomings this week, but no outgoings so far. I am planning to write 3 or 4 letters this weekend, alongside the huge list of chores and DIY, so will hopefully have more exciting news to come :)

Incoming


A cute little card from my mum to say good luck with the job and to let me know how she's doing. If you don't know, she badly broke her right humerus about 6 or 7 weeks ago, but is much better now. She was even able to write with her right hand for this card! :D



A fabulous huge envie and colourful letter from Gina in the States. I sadly ripped the envie a little when opening it, because, like a child, I was too impatient to find a knife to make a careful opening :/


This is a huge, long letter from Candi in Australia. She also sent along the gorgeous little painting you can see. It's funny because I've been planning to get some art for our living room and all the pieces I've fallen in love with have been floral, so this can go up with the rest of them :D

Even though I'm tired and achey and a bit grumpy in the week, I'm super duper excited! Why? Because Autumn is coming, I can smell it in the evenings. It's always been my favourite season, I particularly love the way the air smells in autumn, crisp and earthy and a little bit smokey, it's divine. I got even more excited a couple of nights ago when it was misty in the evening and although it was a comfy 16 degrees, I felt I should start to dig out my scarf and gloves in anticipation of the cooler weather.

Today is a sunny and warm 25C so the gloves will have to wait, but I'm hoping I get to see the fog rolling over the fields again on my train journey to work on Monday. I can feel the butterlies building up in my tummy as I type!

Buon Weekend ragazzi!

No comments:

Post a Comment